C Programming Tutorial
C is a statically typed, structured, general purpose computer programming language which has formed the basis for many other programming languages. It can be used to develop software like operating systems, databases, compilers, and so on.
This Course divided into 3 Parts:
1 ) Basic of C programming.
2 ) Functions, Array and Structures.
3 ) Advanced Topics.
About C Language
- In 1988, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) had formalized the C language.
- C was invented to write UNIX operating system.
- C is a successor of 'Basic Combined Programming Language' (BCPL) called B language.
- Linux OS, PHP, and MySQL are written in C.
- C has been written in assembly language.
Features and Key-points of C Language
- C is procedure and structure oriented programming language.
- C is a robust language with a rich set of built-in functions and operators.
- C is a collection of C library functions; we can also create our function and add it to the C library.
- It is used to write high-performance code with faster execution
- C is one of the oldest, fastest and extremely popular programming language.
- It is portable and can be used to develop applications that can be adapted to multiple platforms.
Limitations of C Programming
- Difficult to debug.
- C allows a lot of freedom in writing code, and that is why you can put an empty line or white space anywhere in the program. And because there is no fixed place to start or end the line, so it isn't easy to read and understand the program.
- C compilers can only identify errors and are incapable of handling exceptions (run-time errors).
- C provides no data protection.
- It also doesn't feature the reusability of source code extensively.
- It does not provide strict data type checking (for example, an integer value can be passed for floating datatype).
How to learn C Programming?
- C tutorial from Algbly - We provide step by step best C Lanuguage tutorials, examples, and project. Get started with C.
- Official C documentation - Might be hard to follow and understand for beginners. Visit official C Programming documentation.
- Write a lot of C programming code - The only way you can learn programming is by writing a lot of code.